Kids in general, aren’t getting enough servings of fruit per day. Fruit to kids can seem boring, not very tasty, and just not cool. However, there is a way to combat this problem. We’ve searched the interwebs to find the best tricks to try, to get more servings of fruit into the diets of your children, and many of the in ways that they wouldn’t even realise it was happening!
So here are some great ‘tricks’ and ideas to try when getting enough fruit in your kids diets is a problem…
- Use in season fruits // this will ensure that taste is the best it can be.
- Keep fruit around // a bowl of fresh fruit on the kitchen bench or dining table, particularly small fruits such as grapes, make it easier for kids to pick at them when walking past.
- Fruit on toast // this will basically make any fruit taste great and have great texture. Start with banana and honey on toast.
- Smoothies // have kids that love shakes? Add in mixed fruits.
- Summer Special // want a refreshing snack for summer? Try frozen fruit on skewer.
- Sorbet // few people don’t enjoy a good sorbet. Many are made with real fruit if you can find them!
- Fruit Cake // well it’s still cake, but at least it has some fruit in it.
- Pancakes // make pancakes or pikelets and hide berries or banana in the batter.
- Apples and Oranges // add these to muffins instead of chocolate.
- Banana BBQ // that’s right. Banana’s a even better with a little light grilling.
- Watermelon // combine watermelon cubes with feta, mind, online and olives and drizzle with olive oil and lime juice. Tasty on the grill.