Will not eat dinner?
You know how it goes…
Your child refuses to eat dinner, but is hungry later and comes back wanting a snack. How do you get your child to eat dinner…an actual meal?
Sitting down at the dinner table can be challenging for little ones. Super Nanny to the rescue!
How To Get A Stubborn Child To Eat Dinner – Supernanny US
- Try Timeout for dinner time meltdowns
- Explain why time-out is happening
- Give a hug once child has calmed and time-out is finished
- Return child to table for another round
This may continue for a bit, but with some consistency, these spells should cut down drastically.
- Tell child how much he or she must eat
“When your child is a reluctant eater, it’s so important as parents that you give clear realistic expectations.”
You must keep returning your child to the table so he or she knows that you are not giving in.
What do you do when your child is not eating dinner? Have you tried Super Nanny’s technique?